Monday, April 7, 2014

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

After spending most of last week on my newly acquired couch, I'm looking forward to getting out in the fresh air this week. Don't you love spring showers? The air outside just smells so refreshing and the ground is finally starting to turn green again. I absolutely can't wait for the cherry blossom trees to bloom. One of my favorite times of the year is driving down Country Club Ave and admiring all of the old brick homes, their lush green lawns, and some truly beautiful cherry blossom trees. Their blossoms go so fast too, I always feel lucky to be able to stop and revel in their beauty. 

For most of the day though, we'll be stuck in our offices. If you're in the same boat as us, here are some internet links to help you ease yourself into the work week. 

  • I think we've made it pretty obvious that we're big fans of the folks over at Kitchen Table. And who wouldn't be when they keep knocking it out of the park with these 4-course meals! Starting in May and lasting all summer long, every 3rd Sunday you can you can treat yo'self for real with their amazing farm fresh (and local) cuisine. DO IT!
  • Speaking of exciting things coming to town this summer, how about this new board game bar/cafe?! These guys mean business too, just check out this library of games they'll have on hand! 
  • I can't wait to see the film about the elusive Vivian Maier when it comes to Film Streams later this month. I already feel very akin to her story which you can familiarize yourself with here, and then promise me you'll go see the movie when it comes on April 25th. 
  • This makes me want to invite some friends over for dinner immediately!
  • Say hi to my new boyfriend y'all. Ch'yeah, I WISH. Talk about a babe though. Schwing!
  • I'm so in love with these prints. 
  • This is so dorky, but I can't stop laughing at it. 
  • Well, this is probably the best thing I've read all week. 
  • Nix that, this is actually the best thing I've read all week. 
  • Dang, I really should have went to this show last week. 
  • Agreed with all of these. Why isn't this movie on Netflix so I can watch it whenever I please?!
This past weekend I went to a wonderful book club with a group of wonderful women. We talked about The Handmaid's Tale and I'm so excited to continue meeting and reading with them! My contribution to the night was bourbon and ice cream from eCreamery. That sounds about right, right?


 My friend Bethany brought some delicious homemade olive tapenade and mozzarella. YUM



No comments:

Post a Comment