Monday, April 28, 2014

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Well, looks like we're about to get hit with those April Showers the old adage promised. And the timing is nothing short of appropriate considering May is just around the corner. Can you believe that? MAY. So this week we recommend you open up your windows and take a walk around your neighborhood to  take in the blossoming trees because they'll be gone before you know it. 

Anyways, if you're lagging this Monday, here are some internet links to help you ease into the work week - 
  • In this week's musical happenings, it's all about The Waiting Room. Tonight is The Black Lips starting at 9 for $13 and tomorrow Angel Olsen comes to town for only $10 - see you there!
  • Goddamnit Emma Stone, could you be more adorable?!
  • We take that back, Sarah is the most adorable.
  • Oh my god, this interview with Robyn Lively about Teen Witch is amazing. I'm always so glad to hear that people have a good sense of humor, or embrace it, when one of their projects hits a cult status. 
  • This book, Seven Sisters Style has been on my Amazon wish list since it came out. Even though I tend to lean toward a rock n' roll/punk influences when it comes to my personal style, there's also something about the preppy look that really speaks to me (I'll always love a good button down shirt) so of course I'm totally in love with this slideshow
  • Oh my god, I'm in love with this idea of doing a weekly record and cocktail night. Ugh, what I wouldn't give to still have access to a really nice record player and a bunch of great records. Oh well, live moves on and I can always buy myself a record player and more records.
  • Speaking of which, I might need to marathon these movies this week...
  • I'm currently in love with this look from Natalie. I've been having a real moment with jackets lately, probably due to the recent spike of warm weather we've finally seen in the midwest. Oh, and maybe because my cheap leather jacket from Forever 21 was stolen when my car was broken into in Benson last weekend. Yeah, that was real cool. 
  • Reading this review of Shirley Jackson's "We Have Always Live in the Castle" is a great reminder of how much I loved this book and how much I need to stop turning on Netflix and/or Spotify when I get home and start reading and writing instead. 
  • Speaking of which.
  • Illustrations of Missed Connections? Yes please. 
This past Friday, my happy hour got a lot more adorable when I met up with Kate and Polly Outlaw down at O'Leaver's





No comments:

Post a Comment