Monday, May 19, 2014

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Well, the good news is the weather is looking pretty warm this week. The bad news is, it's Monday. Today we're going to keep it short and sweet. Below are some internet links to help you ease yourself into your work week. 
  • There's a huge event going on this Wednesday called Omaha Gives. Support all of the amazing local non-profits here in town by donating to this 24-hour event. Then after it's all said and done, head to Slowdown for a little show featuring Twinsmith and Mynabirds Laura Burhenn. 
  • Also on my agenda this week - go see Only Lovers Left Alive, the new Jim Jarmusch movie that's playing down at Film Streams. Lately, I've really been enjoying solo dates with myself. It's a really great way to unwind that's far less depressing then sitting home alone. 
  • We've been longtime fans of band Azure Ray since we initially discovered these two beauties work in high school. While they may not make music together anymore, that hasn't stopped them from putting out solo work. Check out Orenda Fink's new song from her upcoming album Blue Dream which is being released in August. 
  • Have you guys seen Sia's new video for her song Chandelier? It's INCREDIBLE. Check it out here.
  • Yeah, I know, you're all like, "Another music link Meghan?" And my response is just four words - best Joy Division covers
  • I'm really wanting to throw my apartment warming party here soon, hopefully in early June. Of course that means I've been scouring the internet for fun cocktail and appetizers. What's your favorite dish and/or drink to serve at a party? 
  • We've all been in that situation where you have a bottle of wine ready to be opened and enjoyed when you realize you don't have a corkscrew. So, awhile ago you might have seen that video where a guy opened a bottle of wine by tapping it against the wall. NPR did a little research to see if that tip actually does work, and the results are interesting
  • I'm in love with these crystal necklaces.
  • For the most part I want to spend the summer in shorts and sleeveless tees, but sometimes I catch someone looking cute in overalls or a romper that I like and I think to myself, "Maybe you should just go for it, even if it will make you look like a 12 year-old".
  • Speaking of which, is it summer yet?
I took my mama to Lot 2 last week and it was delicious as always. Here's your friendly reminder that on Tuesday they do half of their bottles of wine that are $50 and under





No comments:

Post a Comment