Friday, May 23, 2014

Wind Down / Wound Up - Memorial Day Weekend Edition

Hi everyone! Are you ready for the glorious long weekend ahead? I actually took today off work to give myself a four day weekend and I have some projects planned around the house. Namely painting my bedroom, which I will share with you when it is completed! Right now it's painted a dark blue and has dark brown suede curtains... not exactly my cup of tea. Of course I hope to go out and have some fun as well and there's plenty going on this weekend! As the work week winds down, WO+SF and crew are getting wound up for the weekend!

FRIDAY May 23
  • Shakespeare + beer + Shakesbeer! The Storz Trophy Room and Lewis & Clark Landing host this event that benefits Nebraska Shakespeare. You know, those people that put on Shakespeare on the Green every year. There will be games, music, entertainment, food, and, of course, beer!
  • The Travelling Mercies and Uh Oh play at O'Leaver's. 
  • I'm not normally that into vampires but Jim Jarmusch's Only Lovers Left Alive looks fantastic. Check it out at Film Streams. 

SATURDAY May 24
SUNDAY May 25
  • I have been wanting to make grilled pizza for a long time! I'm actually hoping to invest in a grill this weekend so maybe this should be the first thing I make!
  • Head over the river for Loessfest to see the amazing Three Dog Night, The Guess Who, and Loverboy play!
  • Get centered for the day at Yoga Rocks the Park at Midtown Crossing.
  • I go to the Sunday Omaha Farmer's Market with my mom at Aksarben faithfully every week. (Except when it's pouring, we truly are fair weather fans.) We will be there this week again, stocking up on local goodness and sipping some Jones Bros coffee.
MONDAY May 26
  •  Is there really any thing else to do on Memorial Day but grill out?? That's what I always do, at least. Here's hoping all of you can have a wonderful bbq with the folks you love.
  • End the long weekend with a literal bang at Loessfest for a concert played by the Omaha Symphony and a fireworks show. 

And at all times this weekend, sissy that walk:

No comments:

Post a Comment