FRIDAY May 23
- Shakespeare + beer + Shakesbeer! The Storz Trophy Room and Lewis & Clark Landing host this event that benefits Nebraska Shakespeare. You know, those people that put on Shakespeare on the Green every year. There will be games, music, entertainment, food, and, of course, beer!
- The Travelling Mercies and Uh Oh play at O'Leaver's.
- I'm not normally that into vampires but Jim Jarmusch's Only Lovers Left Alive looks fantastic. Check it out at Film Streams.
SATURDAY May 24
- Start off your morning by picking up some fresh produce and locally-made products at the Omaha Farmer's Market.
- Treat yo self to a fancy meal. Dolce offers a date night special where couples get 4 courses and a bottle of wine for $75, which is a pretty darn good deal! Check out the OWH's review of Dolce here.
- I definitely want to go see Umbrellas of Cherbourg at Film Streams.
- Boogey down to some far out tunes at Benson Soul Society.
- If you'd rather just watch some live music, catch The Electroliners, Southpaw Bluegrass Band, and Township & Range at the Barley Street Tavern.
- I have been wanting to make grilled pizza for a long time! I'm actually hoping to invest in a grill this weekend so maybe this should be the first thing I make!
- Head over the river for Loessfest to see the amazing Three Dog Night, The Guess Who, and Loverboy play!
- Get centered for the day at Yoga Rocks the Park at Midtown Crossing.
- I go to the Sunday Omaha Farmer's Market with my mom at Aksarben faithfully every week. (Except when it's pouring, we truly are fair weather fans.) We will be there this week again, stocking up on local goodness and sipping some Jones Bros coffee.
- Is there really any thing else to do on Memorial Day but grill out?? That's what I always do, at least. Here's hoping all of you can have a wonderful bbq with the folks you love.
- End the long weekend with a literal bang at Loessfest for a concert played by the Omaha Symphony and a fireworks show.
And at all times this weekend, sissy that walk: