Monday, June 2, 2014

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Yello Monday. Looks like we're in for some summer storms this week which tends to give me a little anxiety, but once the storm passes and the we're left with only the sound of the rain, there's something very calming about that. So here's hoping you find some time to yourself this week to take in the upcoming season and get some rest before the warm-weather festivities begin. 

  • I knew I should have bought tickets to First Aid Kit when they first went on sale, the now sold-out show is tonight at The Waiting Room. There's another huge show at The Waiting Room this week - Guided by Voices returns on Tuesday night. After seeing these guys play at Maha a few years ago, this isn't a show to be missed. 
  • This describes my life to a tee. For a long time I didn't fully understand or appreciate my introversion, but that's not the case anymore. I love being introspective, and I now know I need to set aside time by myself to recharge rather than try to move from social situation to social situation. If you are an introvert looking to harness in your powers and appreciate them instead of feeling like an outcast, I highly recommend you read this book. 
  • Edgar Wright (writer/director of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and Spaced) is a fantastic story teller not only through his hilarious dialog, but also through visual comedy. Check out what I mean here
  • Lately, my horoscope has been saying my itch to travel will hit its peak this month, and reading articles like this definitely makes me want to start making some travel plans.
  • Now that wedding season is officially upon us, here's a look at the 50 most memorable wedding dresses from film. 
  • I'll be filing this away for when we make our first of what I hope are many camping trips this summer. 
  • Payton, the newest addition to the Hello Holiday team, is absolutely adorable, don't you think?
  • Well if this doesn't get you in the mood for summer, I don't know what will. 
  • I'm definitely thinking we need to christen Kerry's new grill by making these meatball sandwiches. 

Oh, my baby, sleepy Bebop...


No comments:

Post a Comment