Monday, June 9, 2014

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Well that weekend went by way to fast. While it was a lot of fun, it never lasts long enough. We're fighting the Monday blues so we'll keep this short and sweet. If you're in the same boat as us, here's some internet links to ease you into your day ---

  • I just got some really exciting news yesterday, I'm officially going to be a volunteer coach at this summer's Omaha Girls Rock camp!! Eep! I'm a little nervous because my musical talents are a little rusty, but I can't wait to interact with all these sweet girls and teach them a thing or two about rocking out!
  • OMG I need to buy this for Bebop immediately, if not sooner!!
  • Here's a friendly reminder that Father's Day is quickly approaching. Here are some DIY gift ideas to show your appreciation to your papa. 
  • The greatest scrunchie moments of all time? Yes please
  • While I've been on the lookout for a leather vest, methinks this cotton vest from Madewell may be the winner. 
  • Pimm's Cup is the perfect drink on a hot summer day and this simple recipe looks too good to pass up. 
  • Growing up, my dad carried around a pocket knife that always came in handy in the most dire of moments, i.e. you had a string hanging off of your shirt. I was reminded of this convenience when a dude I've been hanging out with lately told me not to move while he cut a stray off of my dress sleeve. When I saw these earlier last week, I think all signs are pointing to the fact that I should start carrying one around myself. 
  • Doughnuts are making a serious comeback. You heard it here first (though probably not because it's old news). These raspberry glazed doughnuts look too good not to make. 
  • These are absolutely stunning. 
  • Iconic art + Legos = Awesome
I drank three cups of coffee on Saturday and totally rearranged my room. I'm pretty pleased with the results, especially because I'm now sleeping under an open window which is lovely considering the weather we had this weekend (minus the rain). 


No comments:

Post a Comment