Friday, June 13, 2014

Wind Down / Wound Up

Welp, this week got a lot more stressful for me on Thursday when my brakes started making terrible noises. Car problems certainly make me wish Omaha had more viable public transportation options. Luckily, the weekend is now upon us and I am certainly going to do some heavy drinking to help me forget my woes. Also, it's Friday the 13th but I'm hoping I got all my bad luck out on the 12th, or I'm in for some real shit. As the work week winds down, WO+SF and crew are getting wound up for the weekend.

FRIDAY June 13
  • The College World Series is starting up so head to NoDo for some beer tent action! 
  • The Faint and Reptar are playing at Sokol Auditorium! Dance off pants off!!
  • I had no idea that June Fest existed until now, but it does! Gerda's will have German beer, music, and food for your consumption today and tomorrow. 
  • In honor of Friday the 13th Petshop is hosting a #bloodbath reading. I don't even know what that means, but hoping for some spooky stories. 

SATURDAY June 14
  • Oh yeah, in addition to going to the beer gardens, you can also go to a College World Series game a TD Ameritrade Park!
  • Wait, what? I am very out of the loop BUT The Faint is playing another show tonight at The Waiting Room!
  • THEE most fun night in Omaha: Benson Soul Society. I will never stop saying that. Go, just go!
SUNDAY June 15
  • Pick up some goodies at the Aksarben Farmer's Market. It's personally my favorite market,  because it's not such a bitch to find parking. It's a nice little ritual my mom and I do every week. 

 And here's a sneak peak of my new wall color along with a sleepy pup.

No comments:

Post a Comment