Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Girls Be Grillin - Shrimp & Veggie Kabobs

My grill is now one of my favorite possessions! I have used it several times a week since getting it and it really makes cooking dinner so much easier and less messier. Since I am typically only cooking for one I oftentimes don't want to make myself nice meals because I don't want to get all kinds of dishes and my kitchen dirty. I am not ashamed to admit that I'm a mess in the kitchen.

  

For these easy shrimp and veggie kabobs all I used was two bowls a plate in my preparation. First I cut up some veggies. I used red and green bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms. I tossed the veggies in some olive oil and salt and pepper. 

 
I put them on a medium high grill. I put the veggies on first because I knew they'd take longer to cook than the shrimp. I also tossed the shrimp in oil oil, salt, and pepper, but also added chopped garlic and fresh basil, as well as a squirt of lime juice.


Having your own herbs to pick from makes it especially convenient.


I simply grilled the shrimp for a few minutes on each side until they turned pink and opaque. Oliver also enjoyed the smell of the shrimp cooking on the grill. 


I microwaved a bag of frozen jasmine rice from Trader Joe's, a staple of mine, and piled the veggies and shrimp on top. This was a delicious and somewhat fancy meal that was ridiculously easy to prepare and cook and one I will be keeping in my repertoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment