Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy Birthday, Oliver!

Today is Ollie's [estimated] birthday! I can hardly believe he is now 4 years old and that I've had him for over 3 years now.


Over the weekend I made a joke that Oliver has been my most serious relationship to date. I said it in jest but also realized that it's kinda true. Oliver is the only thing I've had that is completely dependent on me for his health and well-being. Having a dog is both a privilege and a responsibility, and incredibly rewarding of course.


Coming home to Oliver's wiggly body every day is always a joy. He has taught me a lot about patience and unconditional love. He is pretty much the best decision I have made in life (so far), and has probably kept me out of trouble these past three years.





Happy birthday, my weird boy! Here's to many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment