Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I am Here to Live Out Loud

“If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud.” - Emile Zola 

Last Thursday, I treated myself to a little alone time at the Joslyn Art Museum (FYI on Thursdays Joslyn is open until 8 pm and it's FREE to get in). Whenever I'm feeling stifled or low, I love coming to the Joslyn to poke around in the different galleries. Currently they have an amazing exhibition of Thomas Moran's chromolithographs of Yellowstone and equally beautiful photographs of public land by William Sutton. Photography isn't allowed in these exhibitions, so you'll just have to go see these for yourself! Good luck walking away from these exhibitions without immediately wanting to pack up your car to head out on a wilderness roadtrip.








^^I sat in front of this painting in Joslyn's permanent collection while reading "For Whom The Bell Tolls". One of my favorite things to do in the museum is bring a book and plop down in front of a painting I think captures a book's "essence"^^
 
 
We are so incredibly lucky to have this museum in our town, especially considering admission is now free! To be surrounded by such beautiful things is a privilege, and one we definitely shouldn't take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment