Friday, July 11, 2014

Wind Down / Wound Up

Happy Friday! Even though I am not a fan of intense heat, last weekend's heat wave did finally make it set in that it IS summer. I have no plans whatsoever so it's kind of a bummer summer but I am enjoying the long days and my lovely deck. Truthfully, there's not the usual plethora of events in Omaha this weekend but we've picked out the best suggestions below. As the work week winds down WO+SF and crew are getting wound up for the weekend.

FRIDAY July 11
  • Love the Beatles? You're in luck because Film Streams is showing the newly remastered A Hard Day's Night.
  • Looks like the weekend is set to bring more storms and rain, but if the weather man is wrong, we highly suggest hangin' around a fire pit with your BFFs. That is exactly what we did last Thursday and it was a great night. 

SATURDAY July 12
  • Sweet show at O'Leaver's: Pro-Magnum with Maps for Travelers.
  • Have you been to the new Beercade yet? I just went to the new location two weeks ago and had a lot of fun. The bigger location makes the atmosphere a lot more comfortable and less claustrophobic. If you haven't been, I urge you to go!
  • The Farmer's Market continues and we are getting into prime veggie weather folks. Corn on the cob, zucchini, and peppers are all being sold now so get it fresh while you can! We suggest hitting up La Buvette afterwards. 
SUNDAY July 13
  • If you couldn't make it to the market on Saturday, you can always go to the Aksarben location today! I will be there with my mom! 

I was telling Meghan the other day that this is such an Arcade Fire summer for me, so please enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment