Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Scouring & Devouring Omaha - Lisa's Radial Cafe

There are some restaurants in Omaha that are just classic. A few years ago, I lived a stone's throw away from Lisa's Radial Cafe which we frequented often during some very bleary weekend mornings. This past Saturday morning, I revisited this classic joint for a delicious breakfast with my mama.  



On my first visit to Lisa's, my friends raved about their Radial Raft - a plate filled with a bed of hash browns, biscuits and eggs slathered in gravy. You simply can't go wrong with this dish.


Two words that will change your life - BUTTERSCOTCH PANCAKES.



The aftermath of my trip down the river on ye ole Radial Raft.



While we were waiting to be seated, my mom wanted to stop over at Sweet Magnolias bakery for these sea salt caramel bars she had heard wonders about. Walking into the bakery was an experience into itself. The smell of spices and warmth filled the walls, and you just knew whatever you were taking away from here was going to be sweet and delicious. Methinks my next birthday cake is going to come from here. 



So next time you're hankering for an amazing breakfast (don't forget to bring cash as no credit cards are accepted here) head down to Lisa's Radial Cafe. And don't just take our word for it...

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how I've lived in Omaha for three years and still haven't visited Lisa's. It's on my weekend to-do list though!! My other diner favorites include 11worth and Leo's in Benson. I'll have to see how Lisa's compares, but I'm thinking the fact that Sweet Magnolia's is right next door will give it an added push in the rankings.

    The What's In Between

    ReplyDelete