Monday, August 18, 2014

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Well, that was a weekend filled with some major summer vibes. Porch drinks, outdoor concert, camping, and BBQ-ing (expect some new dip recipes up here later this week). Yeah, it doesn't get much better than that. This summer has really swept by in a whirlwind, so I'm glad to have had spent this past weekend knocking out some of the season-specific activities I always wish I dedicated more time to. It looks like it's going to be a scorching week, and while I like to bask in the heat so I can channel it's feeling when it becomes a faint memory in the dead of winter, I'm so ready for fall (and more camping hopefully!).

So if you're dragging a bit this morning like we are, here are some internet links to get you through 5 pm.
  • Omaha Fashion Week is upon us! We love this event as a mark of the end of summer and maybe as a way to pretend that we're very important people who attend a variety of fashion shows a la the ladies of RHONY. Check out the OFW schedule here for this week-long fashion-fest. You'll catch us at the Avant Garde show on Wednesday. We can't wait to see what these local designers have to offer! Here's a preview of some of the designers too!
  • This is pretty much exactly what I needed to see this Monday morning. I catch Bebop doing #4 fairly often, that goonball.
  • I made bruschetta this weekend to take camping and good god, I forgot how much I love the stuff. I think I'll have to try to make this sometime soon, especially since we're at the height of tomato season right now.
  • Some of these we knew, but some of them not so much. Hmmm, maybe we need to take on a dive bar challenge this fall/winter. What do you think?
  • We are so effing stoked for our reservation this Thursday at Modern Love!
  • If I ever make it to LA and have some extra cash to spend, I definitely want to stay here.
  • I want this salad in my mouth immediately.
  • Currently wishing I could invest in a bed set like this, but with a dirty dog who more often than not sleeps with his mama, I just don't think it's possible (don't worry, the snuggles are worth it).
My Friday commute got a whole lot cuter last week when I took both Oliver and Bebop to doggy daycare.

No comments:

Post a Comment