FRIDAY August 1
- It is, of course, First Friday. I am excited to head up to Benson and see some local art and maybe buy some goods from The Object Enthusiast, a new favorite artist.
- I always love going to the Dundee Gallery and looking at their beautiful, locally made art. Today they are having a jewelry sale for First Friday!
- O'Leaver's does it again with another sweet show. Tonight Dead Fingers and McCarthy Trenching are playing!
SATURDAY August 2
- Meghan has been inspiring Omaha girls all week as a band coach for Omaha Girls Rock. Tonight the bands get to show what they've learned and play the songs they've been working so hard on all week at The Waiting Room! Support these girls and this awesome camp.
- Do you like drinking wine? Yeah, us too. The Riverfront Wine Festival is back with a new name, Omaha Crush. Drink and eat your afternoons away at Stinson Park.
- Or maybe beer and bacon are more your speed? If that's the case you're in luck as the Old Mattress Factory is hosting the Omaha Beer and Bacon Festival today!
- You may have heard us mention once or twice in passing that whiskey is usually our adult beverage of choice. That said, we can't believe we still haven't been to Grane, a new bar in Midtown Crossing that focuses on whiskey. It's essentially the Brix of whiskey and we have got to go to there.
SUNDAY August 3
- End the weekend with a movie and a drink to unwind yourself. The Side Door is screening a Wes Anderson double header, first Rushmore, then Royal Tenenbaums.
And if you're not doing any of that this weekend we hope you're doing some of this: