Monday, September 22, 2014

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

Hey there sports fans. Welcome to another Monday. After yet another weekend that flew by entirely too quickly, we've arrived at the beginning of a fresh new week and one that mark's the official beginning to fall - a fact I'm extremely excited about. While I want to hold onto wearing my shorts as long as possible, bring on jacket, sweater, and soup weather.

If you're a little lagging today, here are some fun internet links to help set you up for a fantastic week (we're not ones to toot our own horns here, but these are all pretty rad).
  • If there's one thing you do this week - check out Hello Holidays' new digs in North Downtown where they're having a pop-up shop and snacks! I'm super stoked for Wednesday night when I'll get to see CHVRCHES at Sokol. Eep! I'm especially excited to get back to my old stomping grounds. Sokol - I miss thee. If you don't check out CHVRCHES, head to Brother's to see The Vibrator's. You won't be disappointed.
  • John Malkovich recreates famous photos? Yes, please
  • We've touted Azure Ray many times here on this blog because they were one of the first Omaha bands that really impacted our lives. Our feelings for these ladies certainly hasn't diminished over the years, which is especially clear after watching (and re-watching and re-watching) the latest video from Orenda Fink.  Plus, it's always great to see some familiar Omaha faces. 
  • This interview with Nick Cave is yet another one worth a read.
  • Truth to all of these
  • This is pretty much everything to us. 
  • It's no secret, we love a great lip synch battle (hello RuPaul's Drag Race). The latest celebrity lip synch battle via Jimmy Fallon between Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani is pretty great - though not as epic as seen on RPDR. 
  • Well this is like the most goddamn adorable thing I've ever seen. 
  • I really want to make these for my apt. 
Happy Monday y'all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment