Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Dear Old Nebraska U

Both Kerry and I are alumni of University of Nebraska-Lincoln and certified Huskers. Our time spent in Lincoln is very dear to our hearts. Nights spent out on 'O' Street, walks around campus, Elk Creek water and Sandy's, the smell of constant delicious grease at The Watering Hole, dorm life and food, Pita Pit, and bike rides. Geez, it was all pretty grand.

Recently I took a trip down memory lane, in the literal sense, returning to campus on a particularly beautiful fall day to speak with an old professor of mine (I'm currently in the midst of applying for graduate school, eep!). As I walked around campus, it was like nothing had changed. Literally, even the buildings were the same and I saw a lot of my old professors lugging books from one classroom to another. It was truly lovely. You never know how much you miss something until you go back and see it again. Being around that academic energy again made me incredibly excited to pursue this next step of going back to school (hopefully this time in a different state). I mean seriously, who wouldn't want to get paid to stand around and talk about books all day? Oh, well, maybe that's just me :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment