Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pumpkin Patching & A Lifelong Fear of Haunted Houses Unconquered

Vala's Pumpkin Patch has been an Omaha staple for quite some time now. I don't think you could find one person from around these parts who doesn't have a found memory at Vala's. Pig races, bonfires, pirate boats, spooky haunted houses, Vala's is truly a magical fall kingdom. Even as it expands further than either Kerry or I ever imagined, it still holds that whimsical fall feeling. Leaves crunch beneath your feet, the smell of cider and fire fills the air - it's all just too wonderful. As an adult, it hasn't lost its luster. Even though I was unable to conquer my fear of haunted houses (I even stood in front of the "kiddie" one for ten minutes and still couldn't bring myself to go in) it was a lovely trip regardless. 























No comments:

Post a Comment