Huzza for the weekend!! Man, we definitely welcome these next few days off. Between stress at work and lingering sicknesses, this weekend couldn't have come soon enough. Also, the weather looks like it's going to be gorgeous, so get outside and enjoy it while we still can!
FRIDAY October 17th
- As of late, we've definitely been in the mood to watch spooooooky movies. If you want to watch one of the original gothic creations, head to Joslyn Castle tonight where they're showing Nosferatu outside, for free.
- I have no idea how many times we've mentioned the lovely ladies over at Hello Holiday, but what can we say, we just lurve their clothes! If you are in Omaha, head to their office in North Downtown where they're hosting a pop-up event alongside the folks over at Wallflower Artisan Collective. The event starts at 4 and is over at 7. Trust me, they have a bunch of cute, new fall items available!
SATURDAY October 18th
- Also celebrating their birthday today is Benson record store - Almost Music. There are some great local acts playing all day starting at 11 am and running until 7.
- Husker game tonight - yeah, I might actually watch these now. Head to Barrett's where you can commiserate with fellow Husker fans over some drinks and fried foods.
- Grab your dancing shoes and head to The Sydney for Benson's monthly Soul Night where you can Get down, Get down.
SUNDAY October 19th
- Today is the last day to enjoy the Aksarben Farmer's Market!
- Didn't get enough soul last night in Benson? Head to The Down Under on Leavenworth Street where Dave Goldberg will be spinning some more soul jams (trust us, his record collection is to die for, this will be a fun way to cap off your weekend).
- If you'd rather go see a rock show tonight, we highly recommend seeing Millions of Boys play at the Slowdown. Starting at 8 and for only $7 you can see one of Omaha's more energetic bands play. We're not going to lie, Sarah is pretty much our hero.