YEEEEEEEHAAAAAWWW! It's the weekend y'all and we couldn't be happier. This weekend is going to be IT. It's going to be about taking advantage of everything you can before the weather craps out on us and we all tailspin into a depression because it's too cold and the sun goes down at 4:45. But enough of that pessimistic outlook. Here's a look at what's going on in the FAIR city of ours this weekend!
FRIDAY October 24th
- DON'T FORGET TO BUY TICKETS THIS MORNING TO SEE SLEATER-KINNEY WHO ARE PLAYING IN OMAHA IN FEB OF 2015!!
- The Joslyn Art Museum is hosting a fabulous party in honor of their new Andy Warhol exhibition. For only $10 you can check out the art, see a drag show and dance the night away all at the museum. How rad is that?!
- Don't feel like you've totally gotten into the Halloween spirit yet? Head to Fontenelle Forest where you can listen to some spooooky ghost stories.
- Our friends are playing a show at O'Leaver's tonight - check out Ooquoa with BOTH for only $5
SATURDAY October 25th
- Maybe you're the type of person who likes to dress up and act like a zombie - boy have we got an event for you. It's the annual Zombie Walk in Benson today starting at 6. We recommend checking out the rooftop view at 1912.
- If you're feeling sultry, head to House of Loom for their Annual Vampire Masquerade.
- You DEFINITELY don't want to miss this event hosted by the Nebraska AIDS Project. Again, for only $10 you'll get to rub elbows with the likes of Alyssa Edwards and Shangela (if you don't know who these two queens are, then you're visiting the wrong blog). Oh, and the event also supports an amazing cause in our town too, so double bonus.
SUNDAY October 26th
- YOU GUYS IT'S GOING TO BE GORGEOUS TODAY. Break out those shorts and find a patio to spend the day on. Brunch on a patio at Lot 2, move over to Krug or Jake's for afternoon drinks, then head down to La Buvette for dinner. Just promise us you'll spend at least the majority of the day outside, ok? Thanks.
- While you're on your tour de patio in Benson, you'll likely run into all of the madness that will be Omaha's First Annual Ramen Noodle Fest. Our friend Sara Blake is one of the talented folks involved, so this is bound to be a great event.
- If you're more into drinking beer, there's a Pumpkin Harvest Festival down at The Crescent Moon this afternoon from 1 - 6. No cover charge and there's going to be a boat load of great beers and foods.
And if the above isn't inspiration enough to get out and about this weekend, we present you this -