Ok, who out there is still is a state of lethargy thanks to Thanksgiving and Secondsgiving? We slowly raise our hands. While I spent the day avoiding the madness that is Black Friday, I'm ready to hit the town tonight and this weekend. God bless you four-day weekends. You're the tits.
So as this holiday week winds down, WO + SF and gang are wound up for the beautiful adventures ahead.
FRIDAY November 28th
- Hey, heeey, there's a free show at O'Leaver's tonight - New Lungs play at 10 pm.
- I was super surprised yesterday when multiple members of my family asked why Macaulay Culkin was coming to town and what was up with this pizza band. It looks like the show finally sold out, but The Pizza Underground (and more importantly Har Mar Superstar) are playing up at The Waiting Room tonight.
- If you've been hitting it a little too hard lately, take it easy tonight at a low-key place like Pageturner's Lounge. We were just there last night and let us remind you, when it's cold outside and you've been spending too much time with your family, a quiet night at a lounge is pretty great.
SATURDAY November 29th
- Local group Handmade Omaha is hosting a craft bazaar at the Bancroft Street Market from 10 - 4 today, so get your Small Business Saturday on by supporting some great local businesses.
- Speaking of Small Business Saturday, if you're going to go out shopping today, we suggest you check out some of our favorite local spots - Hello Holiday just opened a store in Dundee, Paperdoll, Lion's Mane Vintage, Almost Music and Solid Jackson Books in Benson are some great spots to find those truly unique gifts for everyone on your list. I also just visited a neat store behind Liquid Courage on Pacific St. called The Conjure Shop. If you're wanting to get in touch with your spiritual or holistic side, this is the store for you.
- DUDES IT'S GOING TO BE GORGEOUS OUT TODAY. We highly recommend that once that sun goes down you head downtown to the Gene Leahy mall to see those wonderful holiday lights.
- If you haven't visited Benson's newest music venue - Reverb - by now, tonight's a great night to venture out because See Through Dresses and Oquoa are playing at 9 - $8 cover.
SUNDAY November 30th
- Take in today y'all, because going back to work tomorrow is going to be rough. It always is. Spend a few quiet hours with a book in a warm environment like Caffeine Dreams or Blue Line Coffee. Make yourself a nice meal, take a few extra minutes to prepare things for Monday morning so you're not running around like a mad person. Take a bath. Trust us, take a bath.
And now that we're past Thanksgiving, I think this is finally appropriate -