Tuesday, December 16, 2014

'Cause I'm TNT *Dynamite*

Because my parents lived in Norfolk, NE during the 70's, my mom has a bunch of fairly odd recipes collected from various parties they attended during their time there. Usually they involve one or two ingredients that makes me cock my head in bewilderment - what do I add in now??

Since we're deep in cookie exchange season, I decided to break out one of these baffling delicious recipes. The recipe below is pretty close to a Haystack cookie, but is just a little different. 

TNT's
yields about a dozen "cookies"

  • 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 8 oz. butterscotch chips (I usually use more than this because I lurve butterscotch)
  • 1 Cup Spanish peanuts 
  • 5 oz. La Choy Chow Mein

In a double boiler, melt both chocolate and butterscotch chips until smooth. Let cool, and add/mix in peanuts, then add Chow Mein. Using a spoon, scoop mixture onto wax paper and let cool about an hour before eating. 








No comments:

Post a Comment