Monday, December 8, 2014

Web Wilderness / Branching Out

It's a new week and a new day and there's something pretty refreshing about that. At least I'm going to  try to hold onto those somewhat positive feelings today. The weekend certainly went by far too quickly and I'm still scratching my head as to where it went. I feel like my brain is already fried, but at least i have dinner at my favorite place in the world tonight to look forward to. I so wish there was a fast-forward button I could push to jump ahead to me sipping a glass of wine while in front of a cheese plate. Alas, there isn't, so I'll just distract myself with the below internet links until then...
  • There's not too much going on in the hood this week. I wanted to go see Shakey Graves on Tuesday, but it looks like that show sold out :(. If you want to catch some good music this week, Outlaw Con Bandana is playing at O'Leaver's on Thursday and trust me, this is going to be a great show. 
  • AMEN TO THIS. Seriously, I've done this myself so much. As someone who's studied public speaking, I looooove a great acceptance speech. Here are some more gems in case you need a pick-me-up.
  • So, after reading the book this summer, I'm really interested to see Wild on the big screen. Even months later, I'm still a little on the fence on my feelings about the book. I was expecting to fall in love with it because if there are two things I love reading about, it's the wilderness and strong female characters. I felt as if the book was lacking something, but I couldn't necessarily put my finger on it (and I still can't today). However, after reading this article on how the movie gives the book a more feminist spin, I'm definitely excited to see the Reese Witherspoon driven film. 
  • I'm just going to leave this here and say that I whole heartedly agree with what's being said here. 
  • Must. Resist. Urge. To Cut. Off. Hair. 
  • While we were at the open house at Hot Shops last weekend, we overheard two women talking about a class in town where an artist creates an outline of your pet from a portrait, and then you paint it with the help of a teacher. Yep, it's a real thing that happens monthly at Canvas & Cabernet and we MUST get into their next class. 
  • So, after all of the hubbub around the live Peter Pan that aired this week, I went back to try to find the live version of Peter Pan I always watched as a kid, and I found it, in it's entirety on You Tube. I can't believe I loved watching a special from 1960 so much!! 
  • Christmas is coming up, you all can get these for me. xo
  • If you are a fan of Gilmore Girls, you're definitely going to want to read this and then get lost in an imaginary world where Lorelei and Rory actually exist (and are your friends!). 
  • Beautiful. Simply beautiful. I'm really digging these Sonata Sessions Hear Nebraska has been featuring lately. Seriously, props to them. 
  • Well this is just sad. 
  • And this is just adorable. 
BEHOLD: 
ps he hates me for making him do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment