Congrats everybody, we made it through the first full week after the holiday. Hopefully, you're taking time off to enjoy some solitude before all of this holiday nonsense starts (fine, it's not nonsense). There are loads of fun events going on this weekend, so buckle yourself in, it's going to be a bumpy - and busy - ride.
FRIDAY December 5th
- YOU GUYS THERE'S A MOVING SALE AT HUTCH THIS WEEKEND WHICH MEANS ALL OF THEIR GLORIOUS VINTAGE FURNITURE IS 50-70% OFF STOREWIDE!! Get down there from 11 - 7 today.
- It's the first Friday of December y'all, so all around this festive town of ours you'll find hoards of people drinking and looking at art at Benson First Friday.
- If you head up to Benson First Friday, stop by Sweatshop Gallery to see Plack Blague play and a collection of very sessual artwork.
- Seriously guys, all of the art is happening tonight. Check out some folks we know over at The Frame Service on 35th and Farnam for a holiday group art show.
- A group of our friends from college have been hosting writing and art related events for years at SP CE in Lincoln, and the time has come for them to say goodbye to their space (pun intended) in the Parrish Studios, so tonight they're hosting their final First Friday event. I really wish I could be down there for this.
- EFF. I have a very serious question I need to ask myself over the next 8 hours or so. Do I want to pay $30 to see Red Fang at Sokol tonight?!
SATURDAY December 6th
- Treat yourself to a tour of the north tip of South Omaha today as Wallflower Artisan Collection hosts a fun holiday shopping event from 11 - 5 in conjunction with some other deals at Omaha Code School and Echo Coffee.
- If you're still on your art kick from last night, you won't want to miss Hot Shops Open House today from 12 - 8.
- In case all of this activity is making you hungry, you can head to O'Leaver's where there's a chili cook-off starting at 1.
- We're totally in love with the TLC the Blackstone District has been receiving lately. If you haven't checked out this wonderfully renovated (but not in a horrible West O way) area, most of the business are hosting open houses today from 5 - 8. Grab a drink at Sullivan's, eat some tacos at Mula, grab a cup of joe at Archetype, and finally check out the new brewery to the area - Scriptown.
- See the always fun Her Flyaway Manner play at Reverb tonight in Benson at 9 - $5.
SUNDAY December 7th
- Uh, just take the day to relax already. Geez you've been busy this weekend.
- FINE DON'T TAKE MY ADVICE AND RELAX. There are a bunch of family-friendly activities going on around the downtown area. I'm not going to lie, seeing Omaha's mounted police force does sound pretty intriguing.
- Eep! I'm so excited to see The Nutcracker this afternoon at the Orpheum. I haven't seen a ballet in an eon and I'm actually looking forward to enjoying the event all by myself.
I've been watching way to much Real Housewives lately, but I just can't help it...