Friday, December 12, 2014

Wind Down / Wound Up

Happy almost weekend y'all! Man, is it just me or has this week really dragged on?? Needless to say, we're glad to have the next few days off to relax, and of course check out all of the great holiday events our fair city is hosting. Here's a breakdown of what looks good this weekend, so as your work week winds down, get wound up with your weekend plans ---

FRIDAY December 12th
SATURDAY December 13th
  • This is another busy Saturday filled with lots of fun holiday events where you can pick up some local gifts for you and yours! First off we have Hoover Studio's Annual Holiday Show at The Mastercraft from 11 - 5. You can check out Bill's art along with some ceramics, woodwork and skincare.
  • Some great local business are hosting a local shopping holiday event at Bench from 7 - 10 pm today. This free event is not to be missed. Just check out that listing of participating vendors on the Facebook invite!
  • I bet after all of that holiday shopping, you could use a drink. Well you're in luck because Borgata Brewery is celebrating their first birthday with drinks specials and live music starting at 11 am and going until last call at 2 am.
  • If you're still in the mood for some art, check out cardBORED at the RNG Gallery in Council Bluffs tonight where you can see pieces and performances by Bart Vargas, Kim Darling, Sarah Rowe, Pat Oakes and Caitlin Little.
  • There's a great singer/songwriter show tonight at Almost Music featuring Anna McClellan and let me tell you, this girl rules. Seriously, be sure to check this one out.
  • Last but not least, head back to The Down Under tonight for what's going to be a very weird show. LVRK LATE is a noise project from Cooper Lakota Moon that originated in my basement/living room, Worried Mothers will melt your face off, and there's a band from Lawrence, KS which almost never disappoints.
SUNDAY December 14th
  • Maybe it's because I'm very hungry as I'm writing this, but brunch needs to happen today, and I think it might be time to head back to Dixie Quicks. Yep. That's  definitely how I'm going to start my Sunday.
  • FYI Krug Park has $3 mimosas from 12 - 4 pm today. I got majorly sucked into the mimosa black hole last week and let me tell you, it was worth it.

My feelings about the weekend finally being here...


No comments:

Post a Comment