Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Homemaking Hummus

Homemade hummus is extremely easy to make and obviously, is more customizable to your tastes ((hello all of the garlic)). To my dismay, it did take me multiple trip to find Tahini (Pro-tip: Go to a natural grocer or Trader Joe's first) however the outcome is simply delicious. For my first attempt at homemade hummus, I used this recipe, however I think I might be ready to branch out and do some experimenting (MWAHA!)


Hummus With Roasted Red Peppers
Prep time: 10 minutes

Ingredients
1 15.5-oz can chickpeas, rinsed and well-drained
1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers (from jar) plus extra for garnish
3 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for garnish
Salt, to taste

Instructions
Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to bowl and top with some chopped roasted pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve.







No comments:

Post a Comment