TGIF Y'ALL! We survived this blizzard-filled week and lucky for us, there's a break in the bitter cold just in time for the weekend #blessed
We're keeping this one short and sweet, just like day we're hoping to have here in the office before we can say, 'IT'S OFFICIAL, IT'S THE WEEEEKEEEEEEENNNNNDDDD!' [[insert fog horn sounds here]]
FRIDAY February 6
- Hello Holiday is re-opening their newly renovated store today at 3 pm. Stop in to check out the changes (we're hoping for a small alter devoted to 90's Bad Bitch, Lil' Kim).
- We recommend going to Solid Jackson Books for a reading series featuring grad school MFA writers from Creighton
- Then head to Petshop for Cocktale Hour which will feature a few readings along with the launch of a Local Erotica zine
- Then walk over to Sweatshop for Temporal Instability // new work & performance by Launa Bacon
- There's sweet perfumes to be bought down at down to Omaha Yoga & Bodywork Center...
- ...because you're gonna wanna smell nice for a very special Valentine's Day edition of Soul Night at the Sydney.
SATURDAY February 7
- Over the next two days, there's a wonderful Valentine's Day theme bazaar going on called A Love Bazaar. Today, the artisan market will be down at Omaha Code School (take your time and really take in 13th street going south, it's one of my favorite streets in Omaha). There's going to be lots of rad stuff here, so don't miss out!
- I always forget about this annual event - the Groundhog Prom is tonight at Sokol Auditorium.
- Maybe you feel like being a little fancier tonight after being cooped up at home all week due to the snow and the cold. Why not treat yourself to a few drinks down at The Boiler Room?
SUNDAY February 8
- Day two of A Love Bazaar is going on today, this time in my neck of the woods at 4916 Underwood Avenue (lower level).
- O'Leaver's is hosting a more intimate/quieter show with Small Houses and Anna McClellan. Anna is a fantastic singer/songwriter. She's definitely going to blow the roof off of your Sunday night.
And in a change of pace from our previous posts from Mexico, we hope you're enjoying this snow!