Sayonara suckers, I'm off to Vegas for the next four days!
Don't be too jealous though (nah, who am I kidding, be jealous) because there are some pretty fun events going on this weekend in Omaha too.
FRIDAY February 20th
- Some of my favorite Omaha dudes are playing tonight at O'Leaver's. Catch Noah's Ark Was a Spaceship, Timecat and Saturn Moth tonight for only $5!
- If you're up in Benson, stop in at Lot 2 for some Polish Food while you're drinking all of the beer at Beer Week.
- It's Lent or whatever so Fish Fry's are back. Personally, I can't stand these events because I dislike 1) Fish 2) Beer 3) Organized Christian-based religions, but people really go apeshit over some fried fish and beer and Jesus. It seems any church with the word 'Holy' in it seems to be a good choice if you want to get your fish fry on.
SATURDAY February 21st
- From 3 pm to 5 pm today you can try some of Omaha's best vegan chili at Nebraska Vegetarian Association's annual chili cook-off which is being held at Countryside Community Church.
- More Beer Week festivities today (typing it out, I kind of want to call it berserk week) ending with a great show at Reverb featuring See Through Dresses.
SUNDAY February 22nd
- I actually am pretty bummed that I'm going to miss this Fire Retarded // Dumb Beach Show at O'Leaver's. A good $5 is probably the best way to end your weekend anyways.
- Also, yes to this event. Yesssss.
In preparation for my trip to Vegas, I invested in this pair of flats from Dr. Scholls. Seriously, Dr. Scholls, so they're super comfortable and surprisingly super fashionable.