Tuesday, March 31, 2015
Monday, March 30, 2015
- I just came back from seeing TV on the Radio which was FANTASTIC. Of course, I can't stop listening to them, even now. I created this little playlist for those of you who may not be so familiar. Or just listen to the below...
- Rose Hound Apparel caught my eye when I saw this Blue Velvet patch (currently on it's way to me). I dig their stuff. And their name.
Thursday, March 26, 2015
Last Thursday was a doozy. Luckily, I had RuPaul's Drag Race Battle of the Seasons to look forward to. These queens were seriously amazing. I was so incredibly impressed, entertained, and I laughed out loud more times than I probably ever have in public. It was a packed house in Lincoln's Bourbon Theater, which is fantastic. These queen deserve to be seen by everybody, everywhere.
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
A window opens.
Rear Window was the first Alfred Hitchcock film I ever saw and it had a huge impact on me. It marked the beginning of my love affair of Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly, and more importantly, all things Hitchock. Grace Kelly's entrance into this movie is one of my absolute favorite scenes, ever. Edith Head - you were a costuming genius.
Tonight, you can catch Rear Window on the big screen a various theaters in Omaha. Check here to see where.
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Amsterdam in Dundee is under new ownership (or they added new partners? I'm a little unclear), however, everything seems to be fine, in fact, better than fine, because their new menu rocks and these feta fries are the shit.
Monday, March 23, 2015
- YES TO ALL OF THESE LOOKS. I've been having a major 70's moment lately, so I am totally gagging over these.
- I've been following canal House Cooks Lunch for some time now, and I literally salivate at every new post. It's a great reminder to eat fresh and at home more.
- I'm loving all of the pieces over at Blazing Fox Designs.
- If there's one thing I love, it's a good accessory. I'm really digging all of these neck scarf looks.
- Uh, these loafers are everything.
Saturday, March 21, 2015
Thursday, March 19, 2015
And this woman (hair pictured) is one of them. I almost forgot about her majestic and mysterious presence until I recently went to a First Thursday Art Talk at the Bemis (free event with booze, don't miss this monthly event moving forward). I have so many questions for this woman, but of course am to shy to go ask. Hopefully, one day I'll get to hear her story, because I'm sure it's an epic one.
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
Were these photos taken without permission? Yes. Was it worth it? Abso-fucking-lutely.
Get down to The Durham Museum immediately to see Katharine Hepburn's amazing collection of her famous slacks. Seriously you guys, I literally squealed when I saw them out like this in the middle of the room. I wanted to remember that moment forever (hence the pictures) because things have been particularly low for me recently and goddamit if seeing these pants doesn't make me happy.