Another Friday the 13th huh? Son of a bitch.
Hopefully your day transpires without incident and/or without switching bodies with a close friend or relative BECAUSE THAT SHIT WOULD BE NUTS. Anyways, here's what's going on in our fair city this weekend...
Friday March 13th
- There's a pretty cute show at O'Leaver's tonight with Blue Bird and Lars and Mal.
- At Reverb Lounge in Benson you can catch Digital Leather, White Mystery and Calm Fur for $10. I feel like I haven't seen Digital Leather in some time. Maybe it's time to revisit their sound.
- Say sayonara to Icky Blossoms who are heading down to SXSW by going to this show at Slowdown.
- Again, Reverb is packing a pretty heavy show tonight with Criteria and The Brigadiers.
- I guess the Vagina Monologues are still a thing and that thing is coming to Omaha today. If you don't catch the show, there's always the after party.
- Hmm, there's not much going on today, but it's going to be beautiful outside. One of my favorite things to do when the weather finally gets nice like this is enjoy a different neighborhood for the day. For instance:
- Benson: Spend the day getting brunch at Lot 2 or Leo's Diner. Check out all of the great antique stores on the strip and don't miss Lion's Mane Vintage or Paperdoll. Pick up a new-to-you record at Almost Music or fall in love with a new book at Solid Jackson Books. Oh course, there are plenty of places to drink in Benson. You can get coffee and start reading that new book at Aroma's. Or go for the heavier stuff at any (or all) of the following bars: Krug Park, Jake's Cigars, Beercade. Once you've had a few in you, we recommend totally busting your gut at Baxter's (their appetizer menu is pretty great, so is their Caesar salad, and while a little doughy, the pizza is pretty great too.
Have a fantastic weekend y'all! Stay cool!