Thursday, April 2, 2015

On Moving Boulders & Finding Gems

Remember when I talked back here about my travel plans for this year? Well, it seems with each adventure, something seemingly catastrophic occurs. Most of my 2015 has been spent in a tailspin. What happens when you design plan that falls through, and don't have a 'Plan B'? Well, I guess I'm about to find out. And lucky for you, you're along for the ride.

Last week, I traveled to Colorado. Back in January, literally the second day of the new year, I bought a ticket to see TV on the Radio. With a friend living in Denver and a graduate application in to the University of Colorado-Boulder, initially, I saw this trip as a fun introduction to what would potentially be my new home, at least for the next two years.

However, we cannot predict the future. Earlier this month, I received a series (yes series because U of CO-Boulder can't get this shit organized) denying my application to graduate school, my last open option. I wasn't particularly looking forward to this trip, because I didn't want to have my face rubbed in a recent failure, however, it didn't feel quite as bad as I thought it would.

I guess that's the funny thing about the plans we so delicately try to make. No matter how much you might want something, most of what happens in life, the really important stuff, is out of your hands.

So here's a look at the town I came close to residing in. This gem store alone, Nature's Own, made my trip worthwhile because it means my home is now filled with more pretties I love.


















No comments:

Post a Comment