Ah, dear Friday. We're so glad you have returned, and shit have you brought us a lot to do. While we wish the weather would cooperate more with all of the outdoor activities that are finally upon us, we'll definitely be making the best of you. So, as the work week winds down, WO+SF & gang are wound up for the weekend...
FRIDAY April 24
- Catch the Marilyn Monroe, Jack Lemon and Tony Curtis classic 'Some Like it Hot' at the Joslyn Art Museum tonight at 7 p.m.. Tickets are $23, and they're high because Tony Curtis' daughter Kelly Curtis will be in attendance.
- If you want to see a less expensive movie, head to Film Streams for their opening night of 'The Long Goodbye', a Robert Altman film featuring the incomparable Elliott Gould. A special screening at 7 p.m. will feature Dana Altman, local filmmaker and grandson of Robert.
- Esme Patterson blew away Omaha when we came to town with Shakey Graves a while back. Patterson is back tonight at Reverb in Benson with some local support from Simon Joyner and Sean Pratt & The Sweats. This $10 show starts at 9 p.m.
- Last, but certainly not least, you're definitely going to get shitfaced tonight at O'Leaver's because both Plack Blague and Digital Leather are playing. This $5 show "starts" at 9:30 and should not be missed.
SATURDAY April 25
- There's no doubt about the fact that we love our pups, and one part about keeping those rambunctious rapscallions happy is lots of exercise. Today the Omaha Dog Park Advocates is hosting Bark in the Park at Hefflinger Dog Park from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m which raises funds to improve Omaha's Dog Parks. This year’s funds will go towards a brand new water station and a permanent weather shelter, to provide relief from the elements for both dogs and their humans. Entrance fee is $10 per dog. We know it's going to rain today, but check this event out!
- FYI Today is your last chance to see the amazing Fiber installation at KANEKO. The gallery is open to the public (free) from 1 p.m to 5 p.m today.
- If you're looking to get out of town for the day, head down to Nebraska City for the annual Arbor Day festivities.
SUNDAY April 26
- There's a really wonderful non-profit fundraising event up at The Waiting Room from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. tonight hosted by Omaha group Raise The Roots. It's $7 to get in, but the event features a lot of fun activities and food from the Local Motive Food Truck.
Here's hoping you get your freak on this weekend y'all!