Geez, can you believe we're already half-way done with May? I definitely wish this fucking rain would be over already. Eh, enough complaining. It's the GD weekend!
FRIDAY May 15
- There's a bunch of local shows going on tonight, but the one you'll find me at is happening at Sweatshop. For merely $5 you can get your face melted off by Pro-Magnum, et al.
- Twinsmith is Omaha's 'It' band, and for good reason. Tonight they release their second full-length album down at The Slowdown.
- Co-Lead singer of The Dead Milkmen is playing at O'Leaver's tonight.
- Just trust us, you'll want to go to this.
- Fan of Monty Python? There's a quote-along showing of the iconic Holy Grail tonight at Filmstreams ('tis only a scratch).
- DUDES YOU'LL ALWAYS WANT TO GO TO THIS TONIGHT.
- Our awesome dude friends in Noah's Ark Was a Spaceship are playing tonight at Reverb. There's going to be some good shit happening up here.
- Ok, so real talk. One of the best things I've ever done in my life is volunteer at Omaha Girls Rock. Seriously, the best. At 2 pm today, The Slowdown and OGR are hosting a volunteer recruitment event. If you've ever been interested in donating your time to this AMAZING cause, then come on down and have all of your questions answered!
Channeling this weekend: