Monday, August 3, 2015

In Rapture ((Week of Aug 3))

  • I'm super excited to take my first class at Omaha Whole Living which is about a block away from my house. I signed up for their 'Essential Oils 101' course and I can't wait to learn more about aromatherapy and creating my own oils. A woman with whom I had a very impactful relationship with in my mid-20's, who is no longer with us, taught me so much about holistic living, but lately, I haven't been putting it to good use. I like to think that participating in classes like this is my little way of carrying on her memory and a way I can connect with her by feeling her spirit in my own working hands.
  • Read this speech from 'Tranparent' creator Jill Soloway because it's everything. "And we are ashamed for having desire in our culture. Women are shamed for having desire for anything – for food, for sex, for anything. We’re asked to only be the object for other people’s desire. There’s nothing that directing is about more than desire."
  • The first piece of *new* artwork I purchased for my house was a collage from Max Rosen and I couldn't be happier with it. 
Max Rosen

  • Speaking of odd/memorable art for the home, let me introduce you to Sleepybowie.

Sleepybowie


No comments:

Post a Comment