Wednesday, August 19, 2015

RIP Metz Mansion

At the beginning of the year, when Metz Mansion caught on fire and subsequently froze over, I stopped by and snapped some photos. This week, the Metz finally met its demise. When I arrived at the rubble, I wasn't the only one there mourning the loss. Each of us greeted each other with a somber, 'Hello' and 'I can't believe this happened'. It's truly a shame for Omaha to lose such beautiful a part of our history. 

With the gentrification of the Blackstone District which is located so close to the Metz, it's even more difficult to say goodbye. I'm all about cleaning up neighborhoods while trying to hold onto their historical value (at least some of it), but it's also wise to keep in mind who's actually profiting from this game. 









No comments:

Post a Comment